Paleo Friendly Ranch Steak Salad
Chef Tom uses a light, tasty and healthy dressing to toss on this steak salad that is eaten cold. Makes a really fabulous meal or buffet item for parties. Serves approx. 6 to 8.
I love cilantro in recipes because it is a natural chelator of toxins and heavy metals. We use it a lot.
- 3 lb. piece of flank steak (we use grass fed from here)
- 1 lb. of large green peppers
- 1 lb. red peppers
- 1 lb. yellow peppers
- 1 medium red onion
- 1 bunch cilantro/ chopped
- 4 oz. olive oil
- 2 oz. lemon (preferably fresh)
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. dark chili powder
- 1 1/2 oz. chopped garlic
- 1 1/2 oz. Frank’s red hot or tobacco (we use red hot)
- 2 oz. fresh jalapeno pepper, diced
- 1/2 oz. kosher salt/Celtic/Himalayan pink
- 1/2 oz. of ground black pepper
- Grill meat until at an internal temperature of 135 degrees by thermometer is reached. When cooled, slice in 1/8″ thick pieces. Set aside.
- Julienne all peppers and the red onion. Comb altogether and set aside. Chop cilantro and add to pepper and onions.
- Now combine all other ingredients (except steak and peppers) in large bowl. Once combined and whisked you can then add your steak and peppers and remix all ingredients.